Allow the participants to acquire relevant skills, in the field of animation, through practical and theoretical learning so that they can become good counsellors in summer camps, day camps, nature classes or in other animation programs for children.
The participants will follow the DAFA training recognized by the Quebec Leisure Council.
• Introduction to the world of camps
• The monitor; its role, responsibilities and tasks
• The development of the child
• Choosing and planning an activity
• Current activities in camp
• Special activities
• Life in the forest
• Safety during outings
• Collective work
• Safety and prevention
• First Aid (8 hours certified training)
• Job search
• And much more…
Important criteria for hiring counsellors.
An applicant must be 17 years of age or older to be a certified camp instructor.
Bloc A - June 23 to July 14, 2020
Bloc B - July 21 to August 11, 2020
Number of participants: 8 per stay